Field Service Technician - First LineFull Time55827
Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
As an ATM Associate First-line Service Technician you will provide maintenance for ATM's, retail point of sale equipment, plus related PC and PC peripherals. Additionally, the Associate First-line Technician will provide scheduled cleanings and other basic maintenance on Kaba Mas Hamilton locks. Special project work assigned as needed. Perform basic installation and minor repairs on all Diebold products and services. This position may require the use of basic hand tools, limited parts and a general understanding of PC, PC peripherals and network connectivity. Skill levels will be assessed by CBT, formal technical training, and field audits.
Will cover the following territories: Hoboken, NJ (Hudson, Essex and Union county)
**Shift- Thurs-Monday rotating shifts 2-11**
You are responsible for:
- Prioritizing and planning service calls
- Contacting the customer with the estimated time of arrival
- Escalating problems and reassigning calls when appropriate
- Accurately reporting service data
- Interacting in a professional manner with customers to foster positive relationships
- Performing some minor maintenance on ATMs (e.g., replacing light bulbs, card reader belts, air filters, etc.)
- Performing basic installation functions (e.g., pulling cables, mounting devices, installing Mas-Hamilton locks)
- Performing technical fixes such as clearing paper jams, card jams, bill jams, etc.
- Following key/alarm/combination control processes in assigned area of responsibility
- Supporting service technicians in performing preventative maintenance inspections on conventional products
- High school degree/GED or equivalent related experience
- 6 months to 1 year of technical service experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Good computer operations knowledge and PC skills
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics skills
- Prioritization and follow up skills
- Sense of urgency, organizational skills, professional presence and work in team environment
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and interpersonal skill are essential
- Be able to have exposure to the outside elements (e.g., inclement weather conditions)
- Be able to adapt to different work shifts as necessary, which would include an on-call rotation for evenings and weekend
- Ability to organize and inventory truck stock parts and tools
- Ability to operate and drive company vehicle
- Ability to pass MVR, background and drug test
- Ability to lift heavy equipment (more than 20 lbs), be able to bend, stoop, stand, move hands and fingers frequently.
Vocation/Technical Trade School preferred