Senior eServices Application Administrator
- Primary Location:
- Job Description:
Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
Managed Services teams has connected more than 250 000 endpoints to platform. DN Application administrator is working for DN customers from Finance, Banking, Retail and Petrol sector where is providing the support and complex tasks to fulfil their expectations. He is creating and maintaining solutions to keep SLA on expected levels, improving the qualitative areas and implementing innovated solution to improve delivery of service.
eServices Application administrator is providing support for proprietary J2EE applications, middleware containers and infrastructure used by these applications which are providing endpoint Monitoring, Software & Distribution, Inventory and complex business services management.
What would you do:
- Application administrator for Diebold-Nixdorf proprietary applications – Linux OS & Java based – providing services to Banking, Petrol, Journaling, Cash management, Monitoring platform.
- 2nd - Level Support regarding ICT and Applications as part of induction phase to understand platform
- 3rd – Level Support for specific areas as part of career path
- Responsible for the Major Incident,complex change, request and problem management process for applications and application servers on daily basis with corporate toolset
- Technical engagement and active role in initiatives and projects as part of CSI
- Operation of middleware application containers (ActiveMQ, Apache WS, Tomcat, JBoss/Wildfly) Proprietary Diebold Nixdorf Payments Applications
- Create innovated and automatized standardized solutions with top quality
- Create IT solutions for customers on global market and bring ideas to improve satisfaction of consumers
- Delivery of standard orders (special reports for customers, SQL queries, data collection and processing, etc.)
- Delivery of non-standard orders and custom solutions for individual customers (sftp servers setup, event-filtered data collection, automated Software Distribution towards the endpoints, etc.)
- Control and Management of: Job's (Batch, Backup, Archive, Journals, Reports, Log's, …)
- Known error documentation, Knowledge Base responsibility
- Active communication with developers regarding flaws, ideas on the application
- Software design, documentation, testing, and maintenance
- IT Architecture and Hardware requirements
- General consulting skills
- Software architecture
- Experience with Linux related technologies on intermediate level (5+ years of experience)
- Understanding of network diagram and topology (LAN, WAN, protocols, ports, …)
- Experience with apache http web server, Active MQ, Tomcat, JBoss/Wildfly, Perl Scripts, Bash Scripts, RHEL/SLES OS, LDAP, Python scripting is an advantage
- Basic knowledge with Configuration Management and Infrastructure Deployment tools like Puppet, Ansible and Git.
- Experience with containers and Docker is advantage
- General overview about Java and J2EE platform is an advantage
- Experience in IT and cloud architecture
- Experience with Java front-end development, Oracle, Postgres, or equivalent database tools
- Experience with Agile software development using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience in: Multiple OS platforms with strong emphasis on Linux (CentOS, Red Hat/Oracle Linux) Android, IOS systems
- Experience with OS-level scripting environment
- Experience working in a research environment that relies extensively on Open Source solutions
- Application management experience is advantage
- Experience in SQL is a plus
- Able to communicate in English language (speak, read, write), German language is an advantage
- Good communication skills – convince colleagues about new ideas, be able to communicate on good level under pressure.
- Excellent team cooperation – mentoring approach is much appreciated.
- Detailed planning, organization, time management, and project management experience is a plus
- Ability to mentor junior colleagues
- Professional education in Computer Science, Information Technology or Electrical is a plus.
- Experience in ICT services in large organization is a plus
- Experience in ITSM according to ITIL is a plus
- starting salary 1600 EUR gross / month
- annual bonus of 10% calculated on the basis of personal performance and company results
- 25 days of annual leave
- public transport contribution
- meal voucher contribution on top of law
- supplementary pension insurance in the amount of 3% of the salary (after 6 months from the date of commencement)
- 27 EUR per month contribution to HO
Regular sports activities where it is possible to use the Multisport card - Monday and Thursday indoor climbing, floorball on Tuesdays, badminton Thursdays and therefore the opportunity to meet people from other teams
3 communities within the company, where employee can be active/volunteering - work with students and schools (e.g. preparation and implementation of practical student internships, open days), social area (helping children and families in need, handicapped people, homeless people , charity activities and various fundraising) and communication and event committee (preparation and implementation of summer and Christmas parties, themed days - such as Valentine's Day or October fest)
Great view from the top floor of a new modern building which has been certified as a green building with a 360-degree view of Kosice, the Café and the canteen within the building
The possibility of going to work on a bicycle, motorcycle, or a company paid for public transport, train or bus (200EUR per year)
Free coffee and tea, regular fruit days
A young team of people with management who sit with them in the open space and is open to help or advise anytime
Multiple relaxation zones - fitness machines, retro video games, chess, books and magazines for reading in comfortable tuli sitting bags
- Team of experienced people who have several seniors able to train newcomers quickly, living often together not only the work time
- Online teaching through cbtnuggets.com or also in the local LAB where we have the opportunity to play with the technology
- The project work is a regular part - relocation of data centers within the continent, preparation of DR concepts, large migrations of entire locations, complex upgrades
- An automation ideas are welcomed, free our hands so that we have more time for interesting tasks where it is necessary to think and give suggestions for our own solutions
- Oncall interventions are being minimize through the care of the environment that we want to have in top condition
- Certification but also other training is very supported
Why should you join Diebold Nixdorf?
Brightest minds + technology and innovation + business transformation The people of Diebold Nixdorf are 23,000+ teammates of diverse talents and expertise in more than 130 countries, harnessing future technologies to deliver personalized, secure consumer experiences that connect people to commerce. Our culture is fueled by our values of collaboration, decisiveness, urgency, willingness to change, and accountability.
Diebold Nixdorf is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.** To all recruitment agencies: Diebold Nixdorf does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diebold Nixdorf employees or any other organization location. Diebold Nixdorf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes*#LI-MO1